What is a Progress Report?
When to Create a Progress Report
Progress Reports will not be available after the withdrawal date.
The Progress Report is emailed to the student. The advisor is notified. You will be able to see any open Progress Reports you have created but not see any comments that are added.
For the first week of the semester, issue an Alert when a student is not participating.
Behavior and improper conduct incidents should be sent to the BIT team (www.kirtland.edu/bit).
If you have questions about Progress Reports, contact your dean/director.
Create a Progress Report Using GradesFirst
1. On the GradesFirst page, find the section labeled “Class Listing.”
2. To the right of the class, click the “Progress Reports” link.
3. Click the box next to the students’ name.
4. Click “Action” and select "Create a New Progress Report".
DO NOT insert student names in the Comments section when multiple students are selected.
5. Select “Yes” to “At-Risk to Fail Your Class?” – You must select “Yes” to add reasons.
6. Select as many reason(s) as apply.
7. Address Comments to the student.
8. Click “Submit Report.”