Miscellaneous Borrowing Information
- Current students may borrow up to 10 items at any one time.
- There is no fee for overdue materials; however, items that are overdue for an extended amount of time will be considered lost. The borrower will be charged the cost of the lost item. An unpaid fee will create a hold on student records.
- College and University libraries generally organize books according to the Library of Congress (LOC) classification system. Public and public school libraries often use the Dewey system, and bookstores display books by genres. For help with using the LOC system, please visit the Library.
- Please allow Library staff to reshelve books. Carts are provided throughout the Library for books that you are no going to check out.
- There are some books that are on the Reserved book list. This means that they cannot leave the Library.
- Books & Audio Books: 4 Weeks
- Video Recordings: 2 Weeks
- Magazines & Journals: Current issues may not be checked out; back issues 1 Week
- Course Reserves: 2 hours
- Calculators: 1 Semester
- Chromebooks: 1 Semester
- Materials in the reference collection cannot be checked out
- Due dates are indicated on each item. You may also check your Library account online at My Account on the Kirtland Catalog page. Contact the Library to receive your PIN number.