Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is NoodleTools?
NoodleTools is a citation tool that helps you keep your sources for your papers in alphabetical order and puts them in the correct format. It is what the Library and Tutoring strongly recommend you use for your papers.
To access NoodleTools:
- Go to the Library's homepage at http://www.kirtland.edu/library
- Find the NoodleTools link in the middle of the page. Click it on.
- Note: Clicking on this link will open in a new window.
- Since NoodleTools is web-based, you can access it anytime and anywhere if you have a computer and internet access.
- On-campus simply requires you to click on the link.
- Off-campus simply requires your single-sign on to access through the Kirtland Library for free.
- Access NoodleTools through the library's homepage to be authenticated as a Kirtland student.
The box below shows you how to sign in. If you have not previously used NoodleTools, the next page of this guide shows you how to register for your account.
Images and text adapted with permission from NoodleTools Help Desk.
NoodleTools Log-In Screen
If you have never used NoodleTools through the Kirtland Library, you will first need to create a NoodleTools ID. You will click on the "register" option, which is at the bottom of the screen shown below. See the next page of this guide for directions on completing your registration/creating your NoodleTools ID.
If you already have an account, the image below shows you how to log-in on the updated NoodleTools' page.
Compare NoodleTools to...
NoodleTools v. Word
This document compares a citation created in Word to a citation created in NoodleTools. There is a huge difference
NoodleTools v. ProQuest
This document compares a citation from the database ProQuest for a document you have retrieved from ProQuest to a citation created in NoodleTools
NoodleTools v. PERLA
This document compares NoodleTools to PERLA
Hours: 8 am - 4:30 pm Monday-Friday - Grayling
Phone: 989-275-5000 x 246
Email: email@example.com Please allow 24-48 hours for response
For Answers to Library Questions, check out our Library FAQs