Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Brown Bag Book Club
Hosted by Kirtland Library
Staff and Faculty are welcome!
The BBBC provides space for members of the Kirtland Community to connect over reading.
We hope you will join us for some fun and thought provoking conversations!
May 2021 Book Pick
Hillbilly Elegy by
Call Number: Audiobook available for download on OverDrive
Publication Date: 2016-06-28
From a former marine and Yale Law School graduate, this is a powerful account of growing up in a poor Rust Belt town that offers a broader, probing look at the struggles of America's white working class.
To listen to this eaudiobook, you will need your Library Card & PIN numbers to download this title.
Don't have a Library Card or PIN Number?
Fill out the online Library Card Application in the blue box on the Library's home page.
Meeting Dates and Time
- Dates: Thursdays on May 13, 20, & 27 - Join us for 1 or all the sessions as your schedule permits!
- Time: 12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.
- Location: Zoom - The link will be posted in the CTL's weekly email. Or, contact the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the course of the 3 weeks, we are asking that each participant come with 1-2 questions/thoughts to be discussed.
Get a Copy!
Here are several ways you can get a copy of book:
- Check out a paperback copy from the Kirtland Library. Currently, we have 2 copies.
- Download and listen to it on your own device through the OverDrive or Libby app.
- Purchase your own copy through a bookstore or vendor like Amazon.
- Purchase and download to your Kindle through Amazon.
- Check out a copy at your local public library.
- Borrow a copy through Interlibrary loan (free of charge) by contacting Kirtland's Library.