Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Brown Bag Book Club
Hosted by Kirtland Library
Staff and Faculty are welcome!
The BBBC provides space for members of the Kirtland Community to connect over reading.
We hope you will join us for some fun and thought provoking conversations!
September/October 2021 Book Pic
Chance meeting with a Sussex beekeeper turns into a pivotal, personal transformation when fifteen-year-old Mary Russell discovers that the beekeeper is the reclusive, retired detective Sherlock Holmes, who soon takes on the role of mentor and teacher.
Book #1 in the Mary Russell series.
Meeting Dates and Time
- Dates: Thursdays on September 23 & 30 and October 7 & 14 - Join us for 1 or all the sessions as your schedule permits!
- Time: 12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.
- Location: Zoom - The link will be posted in the CTL's weekly email. Or, contact the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Break Down:
Week 1 Thursday, September 23: pg. 5-97 = Ch. 1-4
Week 2 Thursday, September 30: pg. 103-233 = Ch. 5-10
Week 3 Thursday, October 7: pg. 237-341 = Ch. 11-15
Week 4 Thursday, October 14: pg. 346-405 = Ch. 16-End, This is when I would recommend reading the Preface and Author's Note (but this is only a recommendation. If you choose to read them at the beginning, you are fine to do so.)
Get a Copy!
Here are several ways you can get a copy of book:
- Check out a paperback copy from the Kirtland Library. Currently, we have 1 copy available.
- Purchase your own copy through a bookstore or vendor like Amazon.
- Purchase and download to your Kindle through Amazon.
- Check out a copy at your local public library.
- Borrow a copy through Interlibrary loan (free of charge) by contacting Kirtland's Library.