Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Brown Bag Book Club
Hosted by Kirtland Library
Staff and Faculty are welcome!
The BBBC provides space for members of the Kirtland Community to connect over reading.
We hope you will join us for some fun and thought provoking conversations!
March/April 2021 Book Pick
Celebrate Women's History Month -
After German Luftwaffe bomb London, Maggie Hope--trained in math and code breaking, but only able to find a job as Winston Churchill's secretary--uses the access her position demands to try to unravel an assassination plot.
See box below for the weekly reading breakdown for our Brown Bag Book Club!
Meeting Dates and Time
- Dates: Thursdays on March 25, April 1, 8, & 15 - Join us for 1 or all the sessions as your schedule permits!
- Time: 12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.
- Location: Zoom
- RSVP: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Zoom link for the sessions.
Here's a breakdown of what we'll be reading each week in preparation for our discussion:
Note: This is about 100 pages per week.
March 25 Prologue to Ch. 8: pages 3-95
April 1 Ch. 9-16: pages 96-183
April 8 Ch. 17-27: pages 184-276
April 15 Ch. 28-End: pages 277-352
Get a Copy!
Here are several ways you can get a copy of book:
- Check out a paperback copy from the Kirtland Library. Currently, we have 4 copies.
- Purchase your own copy through a bookstore or vendor like Amazon.
- Purchase and download to your Kindle through Amazon.
- Check out a copy at your local public library.
- Borrow a copy through Interlibrary loan (free of charge) by contacting Kirtland's Library.