Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting Started with OverDrive Video
New to OverDrive? Find out about the features of OverDrive by watching the OverDrive in a Web browser video (1:10).
Getting started is easy! Just follow these simple instructions:
- Install the OverDrive app on various devices from one of the app stores or choose to download to your desktop. OR access directly from the Kirtland Library website.
- Then, sign in with your Library Card Number and PIN.
- Browse the digital collections and borrow a title.
What you'll need:
What do you need to enjoy free instant access to digital ebooks, audiobooks, and video?
- Your Library Card Number and PIN
- Internet Access
- A smartphone, tablet, ereader (Kindle, Nook, etc.), laptop, or desktop computer
- The free OverDrive app, which can be downloaded for free from your device's app store.
Introduction to OverDrive
The free OverDrive app is an easy way to get started with reading ebooks, listening to audiobooks, and watching streaming videos from the Kirtland Community College Library. All you need to do is download the app to your device and sign into our library using your Library Card Number & PIN number to begin browsing the digital collection.
- Titles are automatically returned at the end of the lending period. No late fees!
- Check out up to 3 titles at a time.
- Borrow ebook and audiobook titles for up to 21 days (3 weeks) and video titles for up to 7 days.
- You can place a hold on 3 titles at a time.
If a title is not available, you can place a hold.
- After you place a hold, view your spot in line by going to My Account and tap Holds. You'll see your approximate wait time. Tap the question mark beside the wait time for additional information related to the hold.
If you are interested in ebooks, audiobooks, or videos only, you can view each type by tapping Collections near the top of of your library's home screen.
- Choose from the various lists under each collection.
Make a recommendation to add a title to the Kirtland Library Collection.
- Search at the top of your library's home screen. Search by subject, popularity, what's available, and more.
- View the list of recommendations and tap the Recommend link under the title.
Find out more about OverDrive ebook features by visiting the Get Help with Ebooks page.
Find out more about OverDrive audiobook features by visiting the Get Help with Audiobooks page.