Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting Started with Libby Video
New to Libby? Find out about the features of Libby by watching the Getting Started with Libby video (1:39).
Getting started is easy! Just follow these simple instructions:
- Install the Libby app from the app store on your Android or iOS device or directly from Libbyapp.com (this will open in a new window).
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find Kirtland Community College and sign in with Library Card Number and PIN.
- Browse the digital collection and borrow a title.
What you'll need:
What do you need to enjoy free instant access to digital ebooks, audiobooks, and video?
- Your Library Card Number and PIN
- Internet Access
- A smartphone, tablet, or ereader (Kindle, Nook, etc.)
- The free Libby app, which can be downloaded for free from your device's app store.
Need Additional Help?
There is an in-app support feature to help answer frequently asked questions.
You can also visit the Libby website to find answers to your questions.
Introduction to Libby
The free Libby app is the easiest way to get started with reading ebooks, listening to eaudiobooks, and watching evideos from the KIrtland Community College Library. All you need to do is download the app and sign into our library using your Library Card Number & PIN number to begin browsing the digital collection.
- Titles are automatically returned at the end of the lending period. No late fees!
- Check out up to 3 titles at a time.
- Borrow ebook and audiobook titles for up to 21 days and video titles for up to 7 days.
- You can place a hold on 3 titles at a time.
If a title is not available, you can place a hold.
- After you place a hold, view your spot in line by going to your Shelf, tapping Holds, then tapping Wait List.
You can view your place in line for a hold.
- After you place a hold, go to Shelf > Holds and tap the calendar icon. You'll see your approximate wait time, the number of copies in use, and the number of people waiting.
You can save time by saving your preferences.
- Tap Preferences at the top of your library's home screen, or at the top of any list. Adjust your filters and default sorting option. Tap Apply Preferences.
You can explore more book recommendations.
- Tap Explore at the top of your library's home screen to discover your next great read. Search by subject, popularity, what's available, and more.
You can add more than one library card.
- Tap the Libby icon in the top right corner, then tap Add a Library. You can search by name of zip code.