What is an Alert?
When should an Alert be created?
After the first week, use the Progress Report.
Behavior and improper conduct incidents should be sent to the BIT team (www.kirtland.edu/bit). If you have questions about Alerts, contact your dean/director.
Create an Alert Using GradesFirst
1. Access GradesFirst from Canvas or MyKirtland.
2. On the GradesFirst page, find the section “Students in Your Classes”.
3. Check the box next to the student you wish to submit an Alert on.
4. Click “Actions” dropdown and select “Issue Alert”. Select only 1 student at a time.
5. Select “Not Attended / No Participation” as the reason.
6. Select the class. This helps the advisors when contacting the students.
7. Add comments, if desired.
8. Click “Submit Report” button.
NOTE: Alerts will be available until the 2nd Wednesday of the semester (except for the shortened summer) to allow the advisor to contact the students and time for the student to drop. The alert is emailed to the student’s advisor and they will take action.